Why should you learn Flutter in 2020
This year, mobile applications continued to become more and more popular. Fortunately there are many programming tools available to developers who want to create them. Among these tools there is Flutter, which has distinguished itself lately.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a free and open-source mobile UI framework created by Google and released in May 2017. In a few words, it allows you to create a native mobile application with only one codebase. This means that you can use one programming language and one codebase to create two different apps (for iOS and Android).
Flutter consists of two important parts:
- An SDK (Software Development Kit): A collection of tools that are going to help you develop your applications. This includes tools to compile your code into native machine code (code for iOS and Android).
- A Framework (UI Library based on widgets): A collection of reusable UI elements (buttons, text inputs, sliders, and so on) that you can personalize for your own needs.
To develop with Flutter, you will use a programming language called Dart. The language was created by Google in October 2011, but it has improved a lot over these past years.
Dart focuses on front-end development, and you can use it to create mobile and web applications.
“Flutter is Google’s UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase.”
Why you should learn Flutter?
We selected some of the reasons why we like Flutter and why we want to use it this year.
Simple to learn and use
Flutter is a modern framework, and you can feel it! It’s way simpler to create mobile applications with it. If you have used Java, Swift, or React Native, you’ll notice how Flutter is different. What We love about Flutter is that you can create a real native application without a bunch of code.
Quick compilation: maximum productivity
Thanks to Flutter, you can change your code and see the results in real-time. It’s called Hot-Reload. It only takes a short amount of time after you save to update the application itself.
Significant modifications force you to reload the app. But if you do work like design, for example, and change the size of an element, it’s in real-time!
Ideal for startup MVPs
If you want to show your product to investors as soon as possible, Flutter is a good choice.
Here are top 4 reasons to use it for your MVP:
- It’s cheaper to develop a mobile application with Flutter because you don’t need to create and maintain two mobile apps (one for iOS and one for Android).
- One developer is all you need to create your MVP.
- It’s performant – you won’t notice the difference between a native application and a Flutter app.
- It’s beautiful – you can easily use widgets provided by Flutter and personalize it to create a valuable UI for your customers (you can find examples of applications made with Flutter below).
It’s important for new technology to have good documentation. But it’s not always the case that it has it!
You can learn a lot from Flutter’s documentation, and everything is very detailed with easy examples for basic use cases.
A growing community
Flutter has a robust community, and it’s only the beginning!
- Flutter Awesome: An awesome list that curates the best Flutter libraries and tools. This website publishes daily content with lots of examples, application templates, advice, and so on.
- Awesome Flutter: A GitHub repository (linked to Flutter Awesome) with a list of articles, videos, components, utilities, and so on.
- It’s all widgets!: An open list of apps built with Flutter.
- Flutter Community: A Medium publication where you can find articles, tutorials, and much more.
Supported by Android Studio and VS Code
Flutter is available on different IDEs. The two main code editors for developing with this technology are Android Studio (IntelliJ) and VS Code.
Android Studio is a complete software with everything already integrated. You have to download Flutter and Dart plugins to start.
VS Code is a lightweight tool, and everything is configurable through plugins from the marketplace.
For more information and to develop your mobile apps using Flutter, Hire Flutter Developer from us as we provide you high-quality solution by utilizing all the latest tools and advanced technology. E-mail us any clock at – email@example.com or Skype us: “hkinfosoft“.
To develop Mobile Apps using Flutter, please visit our technology page.